Emulation for XSB timed_call/2. Runs Goal as once/1 with timed
interrupts. The interrupt goals are called as interrupts using the
semantics of ignore/1: possible choice points are cut and failure is
ignored. If the interrupt throws an exception this is propagated.
Options is a list of the terms below. At least one of the terms
max/2 or repeating/2 must be present.
- max(+MaxInterval, :MaxHandler)
- Schedule a single interrupt calling MaxHandler at MaxInterval
milliseconds from now.
- repeating(+RepInterval, :RepHandler)
- Schedule a repeating interrupt calling RepHandler each
- Nested calls to timed_call/2 are transformed into calls to
nesting, a nested call raises a
- See also
- - call_with_time_limit/2, alarm/4, thread_signal/2.
- - This predicate is a generalization of the SWI-Prolog
library(time) interface. It is left in the XSB emulation because it
uses non-standard option syntax and the time is in milliseconds
where all SWI-Prolog time handling uses seconds.