SWI-Prolog binding to GNU readline
VU University Amsterdam
- Although the interface is BSD-licensed, the GNU readline library itself
is covered by the GPL (General Public License). This implies that
loading this library in an application makes all code loaded into the
application subject to the GPL conditions.
This library binds GNU libreadline to SWI-Prolog. The GNU readline
library provides emacs and vi based editing of queries on the Prolog
toplevel, including TAB-based completion and history.
This library is by default loaded into an interactive Prolog process
that is connected to a (Unix) terminal. Loading can be stopped by
setting the Prolog flag
- Read a GNU readline config file. See the GNU readline manual for
- Add a line to the history.
- Save the history to File. This can be reloaded in a next
session using rl_read_history/1.
- Read a saved history from File.