A partial WSDL and SOAP library
wsdl pack is designed to simply access to web services described
by the WSDL (Web Service Description Language) standard, and in
particular the SOAP variant thereof. The library consists of the
- This library can be used to parse a WSDL description and asserts a
number of facts (described in the library source) that describe the
functionality of the web-service. This can be queried using
- This library is used to compose and decompose XML SOAP messages based
on the XSD type and a description of the parameters. I.e., it is
passed the target (XML) type and data to put in there and it creates
an XML DOM (
element(Name, Attributes, Content)) tree that satisfies
the XML type and contains the parameter values.
- This library connects the two above.
The pack comes with a directory
examples, which provides a working
example that connects it all together.
- To be done
- - This library is far from complete. Notably
- WSDL plain HTTP get/post methods are not supported, while
they typically provide a much simpler API than the SOAP API.
library(xml_schema) is incomplete and doesn't show a
clear view on how XML packages SOAP messages must be
represented consise and complete as Prolog terms.