Over the years a collection of IDE components have been developed, each with its own interface. In addition, some of these components require each other, and loading IDE components must be on demand to avoid the IDE being part of a saved state (see qsave_program/2). For this reason, access to the IDE is concentrated on a single interface called prolog_ide/1:
- This predicate ensures the IDE-enabling XPCE component is loaded,
creates the XPCE class prolog_ide and sends Action to
its one and only instance
@prolog_ide. Action is one of the following:
- Open the Prolog Navigator (see section 3.6) in the given Directory.
- Open a window to edit spy and trace points.
- Open a little window to run Prolog queries from a GUI component.
- Open a graphical window indicating existing threads and their status.
- Open a graphical front-end for the
library(debug)library that provides an overview of the topics and catches messages.
- Open a graphical front-end for the cross-referencer that provides an overview of predicates and their callers.